Sunday, June 15, 2008

Fitting

So it's honesty time. I am terrified of going back to Manchester. Yes, I am excited and can't wait to go back, but honestly, I am terrified. Now why, may you ask am I terrified? Is it because I'm not wanting to get back to actual classes with actual homework and actual schedules? NO! I can't wait for those things! It's because I'm terrified I won't have my place anymore. I know, that's a horrible cliche that Manchester has over-marketed, but it's true. I am more afraid of not having the same social connections than I am of actually graduating. Wow, that's another horrible fear of mine! I'm not ready to graduate. Luckily, I have a year to get over that, and I'm sure I will be ready when the time comes. I just have to remind myself that there are so many people for me at MC that will make sure to move things around so that I will fit.

Like this wonderful man...


...and this amazing woman who has more than enough experience to relate with me...


...and this fantastic lady that is full of understanding...


...and this girl who is more like my sister than my coworker...


...and these girls who I could not live without...


...and this guy who I could talk to for hours...


...and the greatest boss/friend I could ever ask for...


...and a big sister that is sticking around MC for a little while longer...


I'm so lucky to have all of these people on my side, but it still makes going back pretty scary. I know I will be anxious before I leave, and I'm sure that I will be REALLY nervous on move-in day, but I just have to take comfort in all of these people that love and support me. It really makes me cherish and miss my girls from England.

What would I do and who would I be without these crazyheads?



I owe all of these amazing people so much for the ways in which they've touched my life, and this is just scratching the surface. I know that there are people that I have missed since I've been gone on my worldwind adventure, and I just wanted to thank you all for the way that you have made a difference in my life. I love you and would not be who I am today without you.

2 comments:

Lemisia said...

i love you my wifey!! and i promise that we will adjust back to campus life together... being away for a year or a semester is a huge thing, but i know we'll make it through and have the best senior year ever!!!

Nico said...

Is that really the best picture of us? I look like a vagrant.

I cut my hair, by the way. And shaved. And put my contacts in...