Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Talkin bout Chi-town


I've been in Chicago, Illinois since Saturday afternoon. I am staying with my brother and sister-in-law in their apartment in Flossmoor, and it's been a really good time so far. It's mostly been a lot of relaxing and sleeping in (which I have missed since I started my internship in January) but I've kept busy too. Sunday night we went to the Neo-futurists' "Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind" which I enjoyed quite a bit, because it was, after-all, alternative theatre. Today Kyle and I went downtown and went to the art museum where I immediately ran into four girls that live in my dorm. After the museum Kyle appeased my wishes to take countless pictures at Millenium Park in "the bean" and parouse tacky, cheap souvenir shops on Michigan Avenue. Taking the train and being downtown made me remember my travels from last spring, and I always remember just how much I love big cities.

me and Kyle in the bean


No comments: