Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dog days of summer

Summer break has started, and I've been reveling in the freedom from middle school with one of the greatest dogs on the planet. One downside is that he hates going out, so I have to push him off the deck to make sure he does his business so that I can go about my day, running errands, stopping by the shop, or just enjoying some time on the couch watching TV. At the end of this week I'll be off to another house to watch the giant dog and the snorter. A pug and a mastiff...such an odd couple, to say the very least, but they are quite low-key for the most part.
At the approach of the summer, my goals were to get a bit healthier (maybe drop some pounds or a pant size), find a job to make some more money, and take some time to enjoy the sunshine and lower stress levels of summer. With that said, I'm not really sure that dogsitting counts as a summer job, but at least it's a bit more income for me at the moment.
I now have a week of the summer packed full of high school students in a place that means so much to me. I'm going to be counseling for a week at the summer camp I went to while I was in high school. I'm looking forward to being back but know it's not going to be the same or as easy as it has been in the past. I'm continually reminded that life is more difficult now, but I'm hoping to be reassured that it is all worthwhile!

No comments: