Monday, June 18, 2012

Putting a bird on it

3/29/11: Okay, big decision approaching in the coming months. It involves a LOT of planning, prepping and praying. It's bound to be a trying time with some fairly anxious moments, knowing how I tend to respond to these sort of things. I like knowing that I can plan things out and take things at my own pace when I need to. Ultimately, I'm in for quite an experience. I'm expecting fear, pain, joy, laughter, tears, smiles, love and most of all peace when it's all said and done. More on this to come...

6/18/12: I finally went through with that big decision on Friday, May 25, 2012. I had planned and planned, and finally, all the pieces to the puzzle finally fit into place.


Yep, that's right, I, Kacie Gauby, got a tattoo.

For many people who've known me since I was a child, it's a surprise, but for others, it's just another part of me being me. If I learned anything about myself in college, it was that I am inexplicably me. No one can be precisely who I am, and no one can come from exactly where I've come from. It's daunting and exhilarating all at once to come face to face with that, but it's so true, and it's been something I'm trying to hold onto and embrace.

So, the tattoo. I want to write out what it means, because inevitably, I am asked what it stands for, and I tend to underemphasize what it really is all about. And if this doesn't really make sense, well, it's really more for me than anything, so...sorry.

My dove is a symbol of my faith. Peace. The Holy Spirit. The Olive branch. God's promise. Prayer. Guidance. Pain. Rest. Fear. Strength. Community. Love. Family. Simplicity. Anointing. Faithfulness.

No comments: