The second day was a WONDERFUL day! We slept in and headed to the sculpture park on the other side of town. We ended up getting a day pass on the tram, so we took that around everywhere all day (definitely worth the money). We made it to the park and spent an hour or so there, and I really loved it! I could tell that Tiff wasn't really enjoying it, but I didn't let that affect my experience. I took tons of pictures, and the artsy part of me can't wait to see more sculpture parks in Europe and then maybe find some in the States when I get back.

There was a waffle stand outside the park and we hadn't had anything to eat yet, so Tiff and I got waffles, which were really more like French crepes in waffle form. We had raspberry jelly on them and they were sooo good! I thought I got orange juice, but it turned out to be orange flavored soda, but we haven't had much of that here in England, so it was still really tasty.

We hopped back on the tram and headed to the Nobel Peace Center, which was a really amazing museum. We spent an hour there, and I loaded up on gifts in the museum shop. We took the tram back to the hostel (I swear we rode it around the entire city of Oslo) and asked the guy at the desk how to get to the restaurant we were planning on going to that night. He gave us directions and we went out in search of the bus station so that we knew how to get back there in the morning to get back to the airport.
Nobel Peace Center

We got back on the tram and went to Karl Johans square where we ate at HARD ROCK CAFE!!!! I had an amazing quesadilla and splurged on the most delicious chocolate mousse cake ever. The waitress spoke English, so that was a plus, too.
The delicious chocolate cake

Most people we met spoke some English, especially people in service-related jobs, but the first night at the little restaurant was definitely a situation that got lost in translation somewhere. Okay, so Hard Rock was awesome, and after that we rode the tram back to the hostel, which was another trip around the city.
The outside of our hostel

The second night we had a guy from Poland, some guy from London and two Chinese exchange teachers living in London. We spent the remainder of the night talking to them and I wrote a couple post cards before I went to bed.
Kind of blurry, but my bed was the one closest to the window. Not too bad for a hostel.

We woke up early Sunday morning and managed to make it back safely to Cheltenham a little after 10pm. It's strange how Cheltenham has become another one of my homes away from home, and it was really great to see my housemates when I got back.
1 comment:
glad you had a good trip and that you can say, "I've been there!" to one more place in the world
Post a Comment