Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Name Change

I've been home for a full month now, so I decided it was time to change the name of the blog. Since I am no longer on the "across the pond" I figured it would be a little misleading considering almost all of my readers are from the USA. So now it's "Beyond the Pond" and I'm beginning to discover what that is going to mean for me.

So far beyond the pond hasn't been too horribly challenging. I've been able to spend some quality time with close friends, sort out some of my academic frustrations, AND I finally sang at church with one of the praise bands again. It's been over six months since I had sung with any organized group, but somehow singing at church isn't quite the same as singing at MC. I've missed choir so much, so I'm really hoping that it will feel like I haven't missed out on too much.

I'm still nervous about adjusting to campus, but there's definitely some exciting things to be looking forward to by the middle of August. There's RA training, everyone moving back to campus and off-campus housing, and of course, the real football season! No, I'm not talking about MCs quarterbacks and runningmen. I'm talking about the men that make awesome tackles and have impressive footwork. My time in England just increased my love for soccer, and I can't wait to go to the home games this season!

Just for old time's sake, a pic of me at Wembley stadium at the USA/England football friendly!

No comments: