Friday, December 28, 2007

Düsseldorf

Well, it is fairly late here, so this will be a very short update. Last night and today Fran and I went to Düsseldorf. Last night we went to a club and a milk bar, and it was ridiculously crowded. We went with a group of Fran's friends and they were all very nice and spoke some English as well. We went to McDonald's afterwards for food because apparently that's the thing to do. Overall it was a good night.

This afternoon we went to Düsseldorf with a guy that Fran had met a few times before and a friend of his. We met more of Fran's friends for coffee once we got to the city, and there was this couple at the coffee shop that was showing PDA like nobody's business-it seems that it is not as big of a deal here, but whatever it was gross. We left the other friends and went to the art museum to see "Bonjour Russia" which was an amazing showcase of French and Russian art. I saw Renoir, Gogain, Monet, and all sorts of incredible works of art. We went to Vapiano for supper which was absolutely wonderful, and I had some terrifically delicious tiramisu for dessert. We hit a bar after dinner and I had a cocktail. We got home not too long ago, and after a short chat with my parents I've been trying to update some things online.

Here are a couple pictures of the room I am staying in this week.

The right side of the room, where I sleep and keep my bags.


The left side of the room where we had company the other night.
(My mess IS contained!)

2 comments:

Ali said...

oh bother.
it deleted my whole comment. argh. anyways, the gist of it was:
today - lunch @ Flanagan's with Andrea - FANTASTIC!
you - so glad you're having a good time and posting!
Fran - looks great, glad you got to see her
me - sad I can't come visit all of my friends who are leaving me to live in Europe this semester. Boo.

Ok, so I love you and hopefully this comment will go through...
XOXO

Lemisia said...

yay!!!! i put a link to your blog on mine!!! i am so happy that my wife is on this side of the world... :-) what are your new years plans?!?