My flight out of Indy was supposed to leave at 2pm December 23, but I did not leave Indianapolis airport until 6:30pm. Needless to say, I missed my flight to London, so I took the 10pm flight. I somehow had just enough time to get my baggage from the baggage claim to the check in and change my tickets just in time. I had to walk quite quickly, but I managed to make it to my gate just as the flight was boarding. The plane was no where near full, so the lady that was sitting next to me moved up a row and I had the entire two seats to myself. I had flown from Indy to Chicago with a crew member from American Airlines, and he was cooking the food for this flight, so he checked in with me before take off to make sure that I made it alright. The flight to London really wasn't too bad. It was long, and I watched "Elf" as my in-flight movie before I slept for four hours. We got into London about 11:30am London time, and I was able to head to my next flight without too much of a problem. I took a bus to the correct part of the airport, made it through the security check, and arrived at the correct terminal where I only waited about half an hour before I had to take the ten minute walk to my gate for departure. I got all settled on the plane and promtly fell asleep even before we left the ground. I was running on only five hours of sleep by the time I was safely in Germany. Fran met me at the airport, and it was so incredibly great to see her! It has been truly wonderful to be spending time with her family.

The German Family: Auntie, Christof, Fran, Mama, me and Papa
Once we got to the house Papa was there to greet me and show me the room I would be staying in this week. The room isn't really a room; it's more like a suite. I have a bathroom of my own to use, a small hallway and a large room of my own. The family kept me busy all night! Firt there were appetizers and champagne followed by singing Christmas Carols, presents, and then the huge feast. There was so much food, and it was served so elegantly, I thought it would never end. I had a shower while the ladies walked took Forrest (their dog) on a walk. We played a German child's game and then I finally headed to bed. I awoke this morning a little before noon, and we had lunch around 1pm or so. It was another feast of wonderful traditional German dishes. Dessert was absolutely fabulous, and we have been chilling out since then. We watched "Love Actually" and Fran napped a bit. We are headed out to explore for a bit and then who knows what!
Until next time, I wish you all a very merry Christmas!
2 comments:
Hi Kacie, Glad you got there ok in spite of delays. We are glad you are enjoying your time with Fran and family. Glad we got to meet her. We talked to your folks and Kyle on Christmas around 6:00 PM and Ken came over around 8:00 PM for awhile. We will have our Christmas with them either Saturday or Sunday. Will see Carolyn and Don either Thursday or Friday. We think it is neat that you have a blog site! Love you,
GPa and GMa C
Glad the giraffe made the trip ok. Thanks for posting the picture of you and Fran's family. Love you, Mom
Post a Comment