Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Köln

Today we went to the city of Köln. I had my first real autobahn experience, and holy cow they drive fast on that thing! We saw the ginormous Catholic cathedral that was absolutely gorgeous. We also went to the Lindt Chocolate Museum, and I had hot chocolate with orange liquor which was incredibly yummy. We went to the local brewery for a lunch snack and of course some beer. Unfortunately, I am still not much of a beer drinker, so I let Mama have the rest of my glass. I definitely feel like a foreigner when I ask for water at meals. In Germany they only use water for brushing their teeth, so it's taking me some getting used to for not having at regularly at meals. Dinner tonight was fabulous as usual. Mama and Papa make sure that I have more than plenty to eat. The family has been nothing but wonderful, and I am thouroughly enjoying my time here. Saturday we are going to Amsterdam, and Fran wants to take me to the clubs and such often this week so I will be busy but hope to update as I can.


The Cathedral in Köln. It's way huge.

No comments: