I have been lucky enough to have had some conversations with friends from home via the wonder of instant messaging. This has been great for me, but it also caused quite a bit of emotional distress for me this afternoon. It hasn't been anything life threatening or anything, but it has made me assess my life and what I want for myself. I also found that I have truly amazing friends from Manchester. I know that I have great friends elsewhere too, but it's just nice to know that the people that I spend most of my time with really do care a lot about me. It was difficult to be feeling so insecure over here with little to no one to really talk to about it, and to be able to talk to my friends at home is almost as good as having them here with me.
Tonight Tiff and I are going to a pub in town to watch the Super Bowl! I know that it won't be the same, but it's worth experiencing over here. Go Giants!
No comments:
Post a Comment