
My half-eaten fish and order of chips from the Master Fryer down the road from the house.
The rest of Monday involved me turning in my very first assignment and catching the bus to Park Campus with Josie for BCA stuff, but BCA stuff was pretty boring. We got to Park and met with our program coordinators, and they didn't have our money yet, so we decided to chill at the SU (Student Union: the on-campus bars) instead of being bored out of our minds in the refectory (cafeteria). Josie and I each got a pint to enjoy; she got a Kermit and I tried my first Snakebite. The Snakebites at the SU are basically half a pint of Strongbow Coder, half a pint of Foster's Lager, and just enough blackcurrant juice to make it pinkish-purple, and it was really quite delicious. We finished our drinks in time to meet the rest of the group to go to a guest lecture on British Politics. That was incredibly boring, and while I did learn some, I would have much rather heard it from one of my friends that knows about it. The lecturer just seemed to go on and on, and he was really rambling by the end of it. But we got our food money, and after catching a bus back to the town centre we walked home (stopping on our way at Tesco for some chocolate).
It must have been the combination of finally turning in an assignment, having fish n chips, drinking the Snakebite, learning about politics, and feeling somewhat comfortable on the buses that somehow made me feel really British on Monday.
1 comment:
Something from Martha that I really enjoyed.
So they don't wrap the fish 'n chips in newspaper anymore?? Well, blimey, how times have changed!
Can we expect your accent to become strangely British (a la Britney Spears) when you return?
:-)
Enjoying your posts...Martha Foster
Post a Comment