
Class was a lot less intimidating than what I was expecting. I was really expecting to be completely overwhelmed, but it really wasn't bad at all. Our newest housemate is actually in my class, so it was really comforting to see her there. I met a girl whose Dad is American and she lived in Colorado when she was in fourth and fifth grade. Her name was Anna and she was fairly nice. The class started out by talking about feminism, which I had a decent grasp on from my SOC classes and our Gender Cafe discussion about "The F Word" both from last semester. I think it should be a good class. It's strange because my classes only meet one day a week for two hours, and I only have four classes. I have a class a day starting Monday, so I have Fridays off! I also only have afternoon classes, so that's a Godsend for me.
After class the first three girls of the house and I went to campus to catch the Unibus and we rode it to the different campuses and then back into town. It was nice to kind of get our bearings on the bus, and this nice girl, Laura, was extremely helpful in explaining how the whole thing worked.

Kylleen, Erin and Josie waiting for the bus.
We picked up a few things at the grocery store before we came home, and on our way in we noticed that our neighbors were home. We dropped our stuff off at the house and introduced ourselves before we had dinner. There are four or five guys living next door, and they all go to the University at the Pittville campus I believe. They are all extremely nice, and they insisted on taking us out to the SU (Student Union, the campus bars) so we went with them after we had dinner. They walked us out there, and Josie and I came back with one of them and a friend of his instead of going on to a bar off campus. I figured I had enough to drink, and I would have plenty of time to check out the local bars on days when I didn't have class the next day.
One of the guys from next door, Luke, bought us a drink when we got there, and we all got "Kermit"s. :) It was green and really good but wasn't too strong. Jack was the housemate that walked Josie and I home, and he talked to me for the most part on the way back. He seems like a really nice guy, and really the whole house has been extremely nice and pretty cool to us. I won't have any classes with them, but I'm hoping to meet more people as the semester progresses in my classes and such. So far we haven't really met anyone from here that has been mean or that we haven't liked, so that's been really great! I miss you all but am feeling better about getting settled into a routine around here.
1 comment:
Glad you had a good day. :-)
Post a Comment