Thursday, January 17, 2008

Touchdown Turnaround

So I was feeling quite bummed last night after a series of events that just started to weigh down on me, and going to class today was quite the task because I was just feeling extremely tired. Luckily, Tiff invited me over for dinner and we went to the Student Union at Park Campus for drinks afterwards. I just got a pint of Guinness which started quite a few conversations about the strangeness of my drinking habits. Apparently it is strange for an American to like the Irish beer, but I think it was because I'm a girl since it was only guys that were talking to me about it. The SU (Student Union) was really nice over there, especially compared to the Pittville Campus, and people that I didn't know at all had no problem talking to me. I even talked to a guy who knew where Indiana was, and I got to know a couple guys that Tiff is friends with and they both have this great dry sense of humor.

After we left the SU we went to Regency Hall where the rest of the BCA students live, and we hung out with four of the girls that live there. It was so nice to finally just hang out with people from the program, because we tend to get excluded from things out at the house. We don't have keys or codes to get into the campus residences, so it's kind of difficult to get together with everyone else, and we didn't really get to know any of the rest of the group during orientation because we always stuck together. Tomorrow night there is a showing of "Bend it like Beckham" at the Francis Close Hall Campus, which is the one that is just down the road from our house.

Saturday we are taking the bus to Gloucester to see the cathedral where some of the Harry Potter movies have been filmed, so that should be interesting. There should be a fairly large group of us going so that will be good. I think the girls from the house want to go shopping while we there, and I'm almost always up for that even if I don't buy anything. It sounds like it should be a good weekend. I'm glad that my slump seems to be over for the time being.

Not from today, but from the other night at "thirteen"
My friend Tiff (from Elizabethtown College) and me

No comments: