Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year

The party last night was much like a party I might experience at Manchester...minus the numerous things that would occur at MC maybe never.

The differences are as follows:
I vaguely knew about ten of the 40 plus people that were there.
People were smoking in the kitchen. (This one is the only one that I could see happening at all.)
We melted medal trinkets over a candle and dropped the liquid in cold water to tell our fortunes.
The host had glasses out the wazoo that people kept dropping and breaking.
A guy I didn't know (and Fran didn't know) gave me his phone number via his business card.
There were fireworks. For the new year. For 30 minutes.
A European made me dance with him.
We took the train home and Mama and Papa picked us up at the train station.

I also experienced the most dense fog I have ever seen, and I'm extremely glad that I didn't have to drive in it. My coat came in quite handy as we waited outside in the cold at four in the morning for the train to arrive. We didn't get home until after 5:00am, and I was soon asleep after my head hit the pillow. I hope the New Year was good for all of you back in the States. I miss you all!


Not the best picture of Fran, but it's the only one on my camera from the evening. I'm hoping to get Fran's pictures on my computer before I leave.

No comments: