Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore. But seriously, it's not London, either.

I have gotten the impression that most of my lovely friends from the States have this strange feeling that I am going to school very near London. Relatively speaking, yes, yes I am. Realistically though, no, no I'm not. I'm living in Cheltenham, and we are within walking distance of the town centre. I can catch a bus to the Cheltenham Spa train station to get a train to London, but the ride is over two and a half hours each way. So no, I don't see the Queen everyday, and no, I haven't been to London yet besides the short trip from the airport in which I saw about none of the city. I'll let you know as soon as I do visit London, because I'm sure I will have tons of pictures with which I won't know what to do. Sorry, my English seems to be getting a bit more proper over here. I think the accent makes me think that I can't use plain American English without looking or sounding silly. I haven't tried the accent much, because oddly enough, it's been just fine being one of the American girls over here.

Classes have been pretty relaxed so far, but it's the very first week so it's difficult to gauge how hard they're really gonna be. I'm taking three psychology classes and an English class, so hopefully none of them will be too bad. I really like the way classes are set up here, because I only have one class a day and all of my classes meet in the afternoon. Classes only meet once a week for two hours, and I'm really liking that so far. I do have class tomorrow, and it is getting fairly late here, so I'm going to get to bed here pretty soon.

I'm loving England so far, but I'm often reminded that there's no place like home. I love you all!

No comments: